St. Damien of Molokai Parish is the first parish in the Pontiac Vicariate of the Archdiocese of Detroit to be formed through a process of merger. In the merger, which took place in 2009, three Pontiac Catholic churches (St. Joseph, St. Michael the Archangel, St. Vincent de Paul) came together as one Parish community under the patronage of St. Damien of Molokai.
St. Michael the Archangel Site located at 120 Lewis St.,Pontiac. The parish was established in 1919. The current structure was erected in 1953. This is the largest of the three churches in our Parish with a seating capacity of 800.
Our St. Vincent de Paul Site located at 46408 Woodward Ave., Pontiac. This beautifully restored Gothic style church was built in 1895. It is the oldest Catholic church in the Pontiac Vicariate. It seats about 400 people.
Our St. Joseph Site located at 400 South Blvd., Pontiac. Established in 1923. Church was closed July 2013. It was the smallest and most intimate of the three Churches in our Parish.
ST. DAMIEN CANONIZATION ROME 2009
St. Damien of Molokai Parish Photo | The Michigan Catholic
Fr. Jim Kean, pastor of St. Damien of Molokai Parish, Pontiac, holds up a banner outside St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican. The parish made the banner for a trip to Rome to see their patron's canonization.