Take Another Look......
If you left the Church
Or felt the Church left you
Or you just slipped away
Or have questions and just don't understand
Or say that you're Catholic but rarely go to church and
don't feel connected
Or you want to find God and to follow Jesus and you
know that you can't do it on your own
Take Another Look.....
A Restless Life
Daily life is noisy and complex. And in the quiet moments, we may allow ourselves to listen to the deeper questions of our heart. Where do we anchor our hope in the middle of this trouble and unstable world? What gives us peace that enables us to move forward without fear? How can we discover not a quick-fix happiness but a deeply rooted joy in our lives?
A long time ago, Saint Augustine spoke to God words that find an echo in us: our hear are restless until they rest in you. Something may stir within us. We being to link the faith we received early on with the aspirations of our lives today. We begin to understand that God is calling us to rediscover the gift of faith in Jesus Christ lived out in the Catholic church. And here we can find the hope, peace, and joy that our restless hearts year for.
It's time to take another look at our beginnings in the Church. It's time to look ahead
to the future that God wants to give us. Its time to come home to the Catholic Church.
In the Catholic Church you will find or re-discover...
· Jesus’ victory over sin and death and our freedom from fear
· God’s gift of forgiveness
· Hope in this confusing world
· Values that give real direction and purpose in life
· The Bible as God’s word speaking to us today
· The Sacraments—where we meet the Lord, where the Lord meets us
· The church as a visible and organized community of faith
· The church that embraces saints and sinners
· The church that walks with us on our journey to God--together
Visit our website: www.CatholicsComeHomeCHICAGO.org