In 1917, the cornerstone for the original St. Anthony's Church was laid in place and blessed. One year later St. Anthony of Padua Church was dedicated. The original church was built at the corner of Odell Avenue and Witherall Street on land that was donated by the Endicott-Johnson Corporation. Father Rocco Macciaverna became the first pastor to 350 predominantly Italian families. As the community on the north side of Endicott grew so did the community at St. Anthony's.
In the spring of 1942, a new larger church was dedicated at the corner of Odell Avenue and Jenkins Street. The land for the new church was donated by George F. Johnson. Today, 92 years after the first St. Anthony of Padua Church was blessed, the spirit of St. Anthony's is still very much alive. The present parish community is made up of approximately 1800 families for various ethnic and racial backgrounds. It is still very rich in the traditions and sense of community from which it was started. Its parishioners volunteer in more than 70 different ministries. There is something for everyone, young and old alike.